The uses of this 2016 survey of BIDs nationwide are multiple. The survey’s authors outline how it holds up a mirror for the BID industry to look at itself by enabling:
- an annual snapshot to be taken of the BID community in the UK and Ireland for policy makers;
- chief executives of BIDs to benchmark themselves against their peers and colleagues;
- boards of BIDs to both benchmark and identify key performance indicators for their BIDs;
- levy payers and members of BIDs to ensure that they are getting all the services that they should;
- new developing BIDs to design their services and operations in the most effective fashion.
It allows everyone else to understand the growing importance of BIDs in urban regeneration and some of the challenges faced by them and the communities in which they are based.
Download a copy of the Nationwide BID Survey 2016 .