We have worked extensively with Local Authorities, BIDs and Neighbourhood Planning teams across the UK for the last 11 years running the nationally acclaimed ‘Town Benchmarking System’.
Benchmarking is a tried and tested methodology with the backing of the Department for Communities and Local Government providing a detached, impartial evidence based approach to understanding the performance of town centres.
Aligned with the requirements to apply for funding in the Future High Street Fund, Benchmarking offers a review of;
- Use Class
- Retail Offer
- Car Parking
- Business Confidence
- Town Centre User Satisfaction
- Shopper Origin
Recent feedback on Benchmarking Reports highlighted how they have been used for many different purposes including:
- Measuring High Street regeneration projects
- Measuring the impact of events and festivals
- Providing an evidence base for funding applications
- Providing an evidence base for car parking initiatives
- Providing an evidence base for Neighbourhood Planning
- Supporting community group
- Developing project ideas such as Free after 3 Parking, Signage Reviews, Business Improvement Districts
One of the key benefits of Benchmarking is that the reports compare towns against all those in the region, nationally and of a similar typology as shown in the Retail Vacancy Average Chart below. We can also offer a longitudinal analysis.
|National Small Towns
|Regional Small Towns
With over 300 tows Benchmarked over the last 10 years we have a huge bank of case studies available on request.
Keep Me Updated
If you would like to receive occasional updates from us, drop us your email here